Bad-boss behavior stems from all-too-common leadership tendencies we carry within us: hubris, arrogance, and a proclivity to abuse power. Let them go unchecked for too long, and your reign as a leader is toast. In a world where leadership seems to be about who’s the loudest and most outlandish, we’re all one step away from being that “leader gone wild.”
Captain John “Coach” Havlik, U.S. Navy SEAL (Retired), led special operations teams around the world during his 31-year naval career, including the Naval Special Warfare Development Group, the SEAL’s most elite operational unit. Captain Havlik was a nationally ranked swimmer and is a member of the West Virginia University Sports Hall of Fame and Mountaineer Legends Society.
The Leadership Killer Topics
During this interview, John and I discuss the following topics:
- Why he decided to join the US Navy, in particular the SEALs
- The greatest leadership lessons from being a SEAL
- How he has taken these lessons to the “real world”
- Why humility is so important to leaders
- The characters of The Killer and General Hubris
- How leaders can ensure that their ego doesn’t grow too much
- How leadership starts from the bottom
- The best ways to live leadership daily
If you are interested in learning more about John and his resources then be sure to check out the following links:
- John’s website
- Connect with John on LinkedIn
- Follow John on Twitter
- Buy “The Leadership Killer” on Amazon
- Giant Leap Consulting
Moving Forward Leadership Resources
Keep on top of Moving Forward Leadership with all the resources which I have established for you, free of charge:
- POWER Goals Program – If you are ready to stop complaining and start achieving those goals which you have been trying to achieve for some time now. Then stop chasing your dreams and start achieving them through my very own POWER Goals program. Learn about picking the right goals, figuring out how to achieve them, getting on track with achieving them and most importantly how to get back on track when you fail… because you will. Learn more here!
- Moving Forward Leadership Resources – Check out the Moving Forward Leadership Resources section where I list every single resource mentioned on the show. As well, there are books which I have read written or read personally and finally various types of services which I use and recommend.
- The 9 Foundations of Leadership – I’ve written this ebook for you all to get a base of your leadership skills. With this book, you will be able to begin to form your leadership style. For a small fee, you can get your journey started and get ahead of your peers! Just follow the link in the title, and your copy awaits you!
- Facebook Page – Check out updates from Moving Forward Leadership, as well when links and videos.
- Facebook Group – Come and let’s discuss leadership. I will swing by and answer any questions you have as well as provide advice and guidance for your situations.
- Twitter – Definitely subscribe here to find out when new episodes go live, or if I have a random idea to share with the world.
- Monthly Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
- Email – Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with ideas, suggestions, comments or questions. I truly love hearing from you all!
Where to Subscribe to Moving Forward Leadership
Love the Moving Forward Leadership Podcast? Then subscribe to your favourite device and app! As well, please leave me a review! These reviews mean more to me than you could ever imagine.