Reports of scandals continue to rock both public and private sectors. Nearly one in four employees report witnessing unethical behavior in their workplace. Such actions leave long-lasting impressions internally across the organization and externally across the public at large — damaging not only any influence the bad actors have, but — often unwittingly — that of their teams. It’s time to rethink the adage “there’s no ‘I’ in ‘team.’” Actually, the “I” represents influence, which all team members must embrace if they want their team to excel. Some would go so far as to say that influence is the most important facet of one’s personal and professional life. The influence even small actions have will create a ripple effect. Knowing this, we become more consciously aware of the influence we wish to project, which helps us to become the best version of ourselves and, by association, leads to the success of our teams.
Brian began his career as an accountant but did not enjoy public accounting. After a short term at a big 6 accounting firm, he started Business Accounting Solutions in 1988, which he later sold to Cornerstone Consulting Group. Recognizing the need many small businesses had for sound management advice, Brian went on to start Individual Advantages, LLC, which was later rebranded DBA IA Business Advisors in 2015, as a think tank to develop customized, yet affordable, management solutions driven by our focus on people, process, and technology.
Since 1988, Brian has helped over 18,000 business owners and managers on all seven continents (yes, Antarctica, too). Coming from companies of all sizes, he has helped them make decisions to help them grow personally and as an organization. He has a PhD in organizational psychology, a master’s degree in management information systems, a bachelor’s degree in accounting, and is a certified Six Sigma master black belt consultant.
During this interview Brian and I discuss the following topics:
- Why he went to Antarticia
- WHy leaders should be the “I” in the team
- Why being influential as a leader is important
- Why SMART Goals are not the end all
- Why understanding your role is crucial
- Delegate like a pro
- Why knowing your people is important to avoiding failures
- Strategies to find time to be better prepared as a leader
- Tactics to influence culture change in an organization
- How leaders can can slow down
If you are interested in learning more about Brian’s resources be sure to check out the following links:
- GUEST EMAIL: Brian@IABusinessAdvisors.com
- GUEST WEBSITE:
The I in Team Series:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheIinTeamSeries/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theiinteamseries
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/IinTeamSeries
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-i-in-teams
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVFJuJdJ2VPD1VAJZZfi2rQ
IA Business Advisors:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IABusinessAdvisors/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/IA_Biz_Advisors
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ia-business-advisors/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ia_businessadvisors/
- GMB: https://www.google.com/search?q=ia+business+advisors
Join Our Mastermind Community
Learn from Scott and others with our Mastermind Community! Our growth-minded community is for leaders looking to level up their leadership skills and further develop their skills. If this is of interest to you click here for more information!
Subscribe to the Peak Performance Leadership Podcast
Follow Moving Forward Leadership
Join our Leadership Community
Tired of not having a community to discuss leadership with? Well then join our FREE online community where we discuss leadership on a deep and daily basis.
Get in touch
Need help and want to discuss options with me? Then simply book a discovery call and lets talk on how we can move you forward!
If you have ideas for guests, topics for Monday Leadership Minute, or simply to say hello, then shoot me an email.
Leadership to your Inbox!
Sign up for our Monthly Newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!